Thanksgiving is a special time to gather with your family and celebrate all the things in our lives that we are grateful for. Our family’s tradition is to rotate year to year who will be hosting Thanksgiving. This year my husband, our three children and I will be guests at one of our relatives.
With this in mind I will be whipping up some mouth watering desserts! This year I will be bringing my Cherry Apple pie (my take on a traditional Thanksgiving dessert) and a Banana Pudding Trifle (a personal favorite.)
To get all my ingredients I took a trip to my local Stop & Shop supermarket where I always find the best selections! I can’t believe all the great items they carry! To make things sweeter they are offering a $5 off load to card coupon on your Stop & Shop card for new registrants! How cool is that?! I always shop with my Stop & Shop card and always receive some amazing savings.
Cherry Apple Pie- I love to make this pie because it really embodies all-American flavors.
Banana Pudding Trifle – bananas are one of my favorite fruits and this banana cream trifle is the perfect dessert to share my love of this fruit with family!
- 1 Pillsbury Pie Crust
- 1 canned apples
- 1 canned cherries
- 1/2 of flour
- 1 egg lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon of water for an egg wash
- pie dish
- granulated sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 425F.
- 1.Thaw out your pie crust first. Lightly sprinkle your pie dish with flour and foll the first crust onto your dish.
- 2. Open both cans of fruit and mix in a bowl.
- 3.Then transfer the fruit to your pie crust.
- 3.Take the second crust and lightly roll it out, then place it on top to close your pie.
- 4. Press the edges of the crust together to create a seal, cut any excess crust.
- 5. Make 1 inch cuts on the shell of the pie
- 6. Lightly brush top crust and edge of the pie shell with the egg wash. Sprinkle granulated sugar (optional)
- 7. Place the pie on the bottom shelf of your oven and baked at 425F for 10mins. Reduce heat to 350F and back for another 40 mins or until crust is golden.
- 2 package of instant Vanilla or Banana pudding
- 1(8oz) container of thawed Cool Whip
- 1 1/2 boxs of vanilla wafers
- 4 banana sliced
- 1. prepare the pudding as per the package instructions
- 2. after pudding has set fold in whip cream
- 3. In a trifle bowl. layer vanilla wafers. sliced bananas, and pudding mixture; continue until you have used all the pudding mixture
- 4. Refrigerate for at least 30 mins before serving.