Hi guys! This is a post that I am reviving from my first blog on Blogger which I no longer update and have moved to this new platform for my blog. This DIY lotion bar post is worth sharing again. I’m sure you will love it as much as I do!
Lotion Bars are the latest craze in body moisturizing!
All natural with simple ingredients; I’m just loving these. There is a lot of information and recipes out there. Here is my favorite recipe – I will be trying to make these soon.
Lotion Bars Ingredients
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup Shea butter, cocoa butter or mango butter (or a mix of all three)
- 1 cup beeswax
- Optional: 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil and other essential oils.
All these ingredients can be purchased on Amazon, Ebay and health food stores such as Trader Joe’s. Whenever possible go with organic unrefined ingredients.
Lotion Bars Instructions
- Combine all ingredients (except essential oils if using) in a double boiler, or a glass bowl over a smaller saucepan with 1 inch of water in it. OR Combine in a quart size glass mason jar with a lid and place the jar in a small saucepan of water until melted.
- Turn the burner on and bring water to a boil. Stir ingredients constantly until they are melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and add the essential oils.
- Gently stir by hand until essential oils are incorporated.
- Carefully pour into molds. I use silicone heart and rose shaped molds. There are many molds to choose from, but silicone molds are the easiest to pop out.
- Allow the lotion bars to cool (approximately 2-4 hours) completely before attempting to pop out of molds.
Note: This recipe can be adjusted to make any quantity that you’d like. For a small batch, this recipe could be cut in half or even one fourth. Other ingredients can be added – essential oils, oats, dried flowers, and fragrances if you like. For now, I will be trying this simple recipe and then working my own spin on it.