Recently I have been in the mood for a scrumptious meal. A meal made with ingredients that really scream delicious, decadent and finger licking good! With this in mind, I set out to make an authentic gourmet dish. When I think of gourmet I think of specialty gourmet marketplaces such as Dean & DeLuca. For me Dean & DeLuca is high fashion for the food industry. So making a meal with gourmet items from this market is a true treat.
I headed to their site (yes you can order online!) and ordered the most amazing items! I kid you not. I am not exaggerating either. You can use promo code FSFALLTABLE for free shipping on purchases of $75 or more! Here is what I ordered (also watch my unboxing video below):
Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil – I love garlic (especially when cooking). As soon as you open this oil you get immersed with the aroma of olives and garlic. Absolutely mouth watering. This oil is great for dipping too!
Fusili Giganti (Pasta) – I loved the size and the cooking instructions make it so that you get these exactly al dente!
Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce – This sauce embodies fall. It’s savory and sweet. Reminds me of a warm butternut squash soup.
Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce – The first thing you notice about this is the freshness. This sauce does not taste like your regular run of the mill tomato sauce. It has a full-bodied flavor that melts in your mouth!
Ordering online was very easy. The hardest part about ordering online was deciding what to get!
With my items I wiped up a Tomato Basil Mushroom Fusili (See Below for recipe).
- 8 oz uncooked mushrooms (I use white, you can choose any variety)
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of garlic chopped
- 3 pinches of finely chopped cilantro
- 4 oz of Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- 1 package of Fusili Giganti Pasta
- 1 handfuls Spinach (for each serving)
- 2 Spoonfuls Butternut Squash Sauce (for each serving)
- heat oil in a medium sauce pan
- add mushrooms and saute 8 mins or until browned and mushroom have release some moisture
- then add chopped garlic and cilantro cook for an additional 4 mins
- lastly add Tomato Basil Sauce and vinegar and cook for 2-3 more mins
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Drain pasta and serve on a plate, top with the mushroom tomato basil sauce.
- Add a side of spinach to complete your meal. I add Butternut Squash sauce to give it a sweet taste.