Hi everyone! I’m so excited because just a few days ago I won a giveaway! Folks I never win a giveaway!! This time I did. What did I get? I received a tin of Matcha Tea from MatchaLife. Let me just say that I did not receive this product for purposes of giving this company a review or otherwise. I am just really excited because I actually won something and I want to tell my readers about it. Because of this I’m sharing the amazing benefits of Matcha with you!
If you don’t know what Matcha is, don’t worry you are not alone! Up to recently I had no clue either. Matcha is essentially powdered green tea that is grown and produced in Japan. Tea leaves are ground with stone grinding wheels to produce a fine powder. The powder is then used to brew an antioxidant rich frothy green tea, smoothies, or even baking. Matcha is not strained out before consuming, so you get to consume the entire leaf, making Matcha more potent than other teas.
The Matcha tea I received is of ceremonial grade. When I read that on the packaging I had to do some research to find out what exactly that meant. Matcha comes in different grades, from low quality to superior quality. Ceremonial is the highest quality you can get! I had bought another brand on eBay and after doing this research I came to realize that I had bought grade B, which is not the best and not the worst, somewhere in the middle. Once I tried the Matcha Tea from MatchaLife I quickly figured out that there was a difference between the two. The ceremonial grade tea was a brighter green and in my opinion was more potent (I will get to the benefits soon) I felt the effects soon and lasted longer. With my other Matcha tea, my tea was not as bright green and by 2pm I needed a second cup. Additionally I used more. When brewing Matcha make sure to follow the instructions, especially if you are using a high grade tea. If you use too much you might get a stomach ache.
Benefits of Matcha:
- Energy Boost: This gives you a gitter free boost of energy with out the crash. Because of the effects of L-Theanine (which is in Matcha), Matcha drinkers experience none of the usual side-effects of stimulants such as nervousness and hypertension.:
- Antioxidant: Matcha has 137x the amount of antioxidants as green tea, combating free radicals, preventing damage to your cells. This gives us younger-looking skin by reducing inflammation and free radicals that accelerate skin aging.
- Weight Loss: Drinking Matcha Green Tea has also been shown to increase metabolism and help the body burn fat about four times faster. Unlike some diet aides, Matcha causes no negative side-effects such as increased heart rate and high blood pressure.
- Detoxifies: Because of the way that Matcha is produced, Matcha tea has a credible amount of chlorophyll. The resulting high levels of chlorophyll in Matcha Green Tea give it it’s beautiful vibrant green color and also a powerful detoxifier capable of naturally removing chemical toxins and other toxins from the body.
- Boost Memory and Concentration: Another side-effect of L-Theanine is the production of dopamine and serotonin. These two chemicals serve to enhance mood, improve memory, and promote better concentration.